LPE-2's mission is to provide comprehensive Explosive Ordnance Disposal
(EOD) advocacy for the Marine Corps.
Core Focus Areas
Specific duties / core focus areas
carried out in supporting the EOD advocacy function include, but are not limited to the following:
- The EOD Occupational Field Sponsor serves as the Marine Corps Action
Officer to the DoD EOD Program Board member.
- Ensure that an adequately staffed Marine Detachment (MARDET) is
maintained at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head, Explosive
Ordnance Disposal Technology Division (NSWC IHEODTD).
- Manage the EOD Program within the SUSPEB on behalf of the MARDET NSWC
IHEODTD and EOD Advocacy.
- Provide an overarching vision and strategy for the Marine Corps EOD
- Provide SME support for EOD concept development to include roadmaps and
advocate campaign plans.
- Provide subject matter expertise oversight of EOD doctrine development
and training and readiness manuals.
- Represent and validate EOD capabilities and requirements within the
Marine Corps Force Development System (MCFDS).
- Provide a single Service-level voice for all Marine Corps EOD matters to
agencies internal and external to the Marine Corps. This includes serving on the NATO EOD Working Group in support of the U.S. delegation.
- Oversee/manage EOD support to United States Secret Service (USSS) and
Department of State (DoS).
- Provide oversight and expertise on all EOD manpower and structure
- Serve as the Chairman of the Marine Corps EOD Operational Advisory
- Develop and manage advanced resiliency related programs for the Marine
Corps EOD field. This includes coordination of third location decompression
events during post contingency operations, as required.