The U. S. Marine Corps is required by statute to implement the following basic small business programs. A firm may possibly meet the criteria for the first seven of these programs at the same time. More information on each of these programs is available at the Small Business Administration website at http://www.sba.gov
Small Business (SB)
- Located in U.S, organized for profit, including affiliates is independently owned & operated, not dominant in field of operations in which it is bidding on Government contracts, AND meets Small Business Administration (SBA) size standards included in the solicitation. The size standard is based upon the North American Industrial Classification Standard (NAICS) assigned to the specific procurement dependent upon product/service purchased. See http://www.census.gov/naics
for NAICS Codes and http://www.sba.gov/size/indextableofsize.html
for size standards. Qualified firms may self-certify as a small business.
Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Small Business, at least 51% owned by one or more women, AND management & daily business operations controlled by one or more women. Qualified firms may self-certify as a woman-owned small business.
Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Small Business, unconditionally owned & controlled by one or more socially & economically disadvantaged individuals who are of good character & citizens of the U.S., AND must be certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
Small Disadvantaged Business 8(a) Certified [8(a)]
- Small Business, SBA-certified as a SDB, AND certified by SBA into the 8(a) Business Development Program for a maximum of 9 years.
Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
- Small Business, at least 51% owned & controlled by one or more U.S. citizens, AND must be certified by SBA as a HUBZone concern (principal office located in an economically-distressed HUBZone area AND 35% or more employees live in any designated HUBZone).
Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Small Business, veteran-owned as defined in 38 USC 101(2), 51% or more owned by one or more veterans, AND management & daily operations controlled by one or more veterans. Qualified firms may self-certify as a veteran-owned small business.
Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SD-VOSB)
- Small Business, veteran-owned, 51% or more owned by one or more service-disabled veterans, AND management & daily business operations controlled by one or more service disabled veterans OR in the case of veteran with permanent & severe disability, the spouse or permanent caregiver of such veteran, AND with 0% - 100% service-connected disability as defined in 38 USC 101(16) & documented on DD 214 or equivalent. Qualified firms may self-certify as a service-disabled veteran owned small business.
Historically Black Colleges & Universities/Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI)
- HBCU is an accredited institution established before 1964 whose principal mission is education of black Americans. MIs are institutions meeting requirements of Higher Education Act of 1965 and Hispanic-serving institutions defined at 20 USC 1059. The Secretary of Education must designate HBCUs/MIs. See the DoD Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization website for more information: http://www.acq.osd.mil/sadbu/programs/hbcumi/Home.htm
. A complete listing is located at http://www.molis.us/default.asp