Major Roles and Responsibilities
The OSBP provides continuous outreach and assistance dedicated to increasing contracting opportunities for small, small disadvantaged, women-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and veteran-owned small businesses, businesses that are located in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone). The OSBP provides overall program and policy guidance to the Marine Corps Field Contracting System concerning the implementation and administration of the Program. A part of the OSBP’s responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to contracting and management officials regarding the Program.
- Provide training to enhance the knowledge base of the SBP in supporting this Plan.
- Ensure that channels of communications are opened in order to verify that the SBP community is current on related program matters and issues that support
- Support the SBP communities within their respective Regional Contracting Offices’.
- Perform oversight and review of Regional Contracting Offices’ Program.
- Conduct national and local small business outreach on behalf of Headquarters Marine Corps, Installations and Logistics.
- Provide guidance to the Marine Corps Field Contracting System regarding establishment of small business goals in a timely manner.
Marine Corps Field Contracting System Small Business Professionals (SBP)
Offices with procurement authority also appoint supporting SBP to perform duties consistent with their level of small business program activities. These individuals have the applicable training, knowledge and experience with the Program and are well-versed in contracting and acquisition regulations and procedures. The supporting SBP serves as their Regional Contracting Office small business representative. The supporting SBP supports the Headquarters’ SBP in carrying-out their national and local small business outreach via their attendance and support. A list of our OSBP SBPs can be found here